Meet the New Star of mauiwindcam

SevinYou have probably noticed a new face on mauiwindcam.com this past month.  His name is Sevin.  On the morning of June 7th I found this dog tied to my neighbor’s mailbox.  He had been abandoned. We are guessing the owner was leaving the island and did not have anyone to take him in.  So rather than leaving him with the Humane Society, where his fate would not be a happy one if not adopted in short order, they chose our very dog friendly street in the hope of finding a kindly soul to adopt him.Sevin

Well they got that right.  As soon as I untied him he rolled on his back, gave me a big smile and a lick and it was all over.  I had a new friend in my life…..and it was my birthday!

So, let me introduce you to Sevin (short for Lucky seven!) a year old cross with what seems like Australian Healer and Terrier bloodlines.  He is super friendly, has unlimited energy and the happiest demeanor of any dog I’ve known.  We spend hours walking the beach every day and the joy he brings into my life is indescribable.  I’m sure you will be seeing a lot of our new friend on mauiwindcam.

Check out Sevin’s own photo album!  Woof!

Bookmark and Share
This entry was posted in Sevin. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Meet the New Star of mauiwindcam

1. JGomez says:

You have a very kind Heart,and your new Buddy is so very precious He will bring you many day’s of happiness.

2. Cathy says:

What a wonderful story, there’s nothing like the unconditional love of a pet! And he’s so cute!

3. David B. says:

A great story with a happy ending. You are both lucky. I wish someone would leave me tied to a mailbox on Maui.

4. Ginny says:

I did notice a certain wiggly dog…..obviously enjoying his dog life. Thanks for taking care of him and thanks for sharing him on camera…..for some people (my husband is bedridden) these things are a real bright spot!

5. Threedawgs says:

I personally would like to thank you for the act of kindness. One day I hope that the laws for abandoning animals or harming them get alot stricter.
    Victoria BC
    Canada

6. Irishman says:

I have been blessed to be a dog parent for two wonderful dogs. I believe that strays and castoffs make the very best furry companions. They probably know how lucky they are to be rescued by someone special.

Mahalo to you and your new buddy.

John
    Port Angeles, WA

7. fleur spiteri says:

Hey Ray, good on you :) I’m sure he’s good company for Henry, Paka and the rest of the gang. Hope to be able to come over and have a look at Sevin. Love from sunny Malta ;) Fleur

8. Guy says:

you are the best and have a big heart! for taking SEVIN inn with you, he will never let you down, god bless you !

aloha Guy
    Benicia, CA.

9. Sandy & John says:

Awesome! Belated happy birthday, love to Viv, miss you dahlings!

10. Shannon says:

Hello Ray – Lucky Pooh for sure. How does he fare with the cats? Would love to see you guys!

11. leslie says:

saw sevin and you from mainland on beach today, sevin looks very happy to be with you. I am happy you both have each other.you both look like best buddies. good luck and aloha guys.

12. Sandy says:

What a lovely story! It warms my heart.

13. leslie says:

aloha Ray
    hope you and sevin are good. that was a big hole sevin dug yesterday. Ray are you the artist Ray Masters? if so, i really like your work, its really cool.

14. leslie says:

aloha camp one and kahana
    I noticed the wind was not really happening this afternoon. but I did notice what seemed to be a pod of dolfins swim by on the kahana cam at 15:26 (: to cool :) that makes me happy after a hard days work.

15. leslie says:

whoops sorry kanaha

16. leslie says:

aloha ray
    i was wondering if any of your beautiful art could possibly be on posters that i could purchase for our high school cafe’ as i am trying to bring the beautiful hawaiian aloha spirit to the mainland in our cafe.
    if so could you or someone direct me as to where i could go to get these.
    good vibes & many blessings
    aloha & mahalo
    leslie

17. Sandi Hummer says:

We have had dogs which are the spitting image of your Sevin fella. They were working livestock dogs and just full of it. No terrier, at least not up close.

The Aussies crossed in all sorts of bloodlines for all sorts of different reasons, some crosses were just accidents, there’s even some Dalmation and Whippet or Grayhound for speed, and temperment in most of their breeds. These mixed Aussie dogs are ur favorite type of dog, if, for nothng else, their off the wall personalities. A bit overbearing at times, but still, all in all, just terrific. Our daughter even found a stray down in California that looks so much like Sevin. A female, and she is a toughy and constantly up to something. When I lived down in Hermosa Beach I had a very large Samoyed, and he was the best, but grooming him was a constant activity. None of this with ones like Sevin